Monday, July 31, 2017

Gospel Centered Mom by Brooke McGlothlin Book Review


I'm so excited to be part of the launch team for Brooke McGlothlin's new book, Gospel Centered Mom.  This post was inspired by the book.  To join us and learn more about it and be part of it, click here: http://gospelcenteredmombook.com/for-bloggers/.  

Brooke's new book, Gospel Centered Mom: The Freeing Truth About What Your Kids Really Need is a challenge for moms to stop living the ME Gospel and live out the True Gospel.  This means that instead of focusing on ourselves we are to give ourselves up for the sake of Christ.  We are called to embrace our need for Jesus alone and stop taking on all the pressure of responsibility to churn out "Christian" children.  We are to fight for our children, not against them and realize that there's more than just now (http://www.themobsociety.com/blog/2017/07/05/theres-just-now/).  We are not called to be perfect, we are called to pursue God and grow deeper in love with Him.  And He will be the one who works in the hearts of our children.  Brooke shares raw and real situations that have brought her to her knees not only for her children but also for herself.  She shares many practical ideas along with the hard truths and the beautiful truths for moms to develop a Gospel Centered life.  It is when we let go and let God that we will truly find the freedom to be able to understand that the Gospel calls us to serve in a greater way for a greater cause.  

I was challenged to live my life in a way that fully embraces the Gospel for myself and to place my hope and faith only in Him.  I know that I am not called to change my children, but to live so my children see that I am changed by the power of the Gospel.  I want to be desperate only for Jesus.  He is to be my prize, not health, wealth, happiness, freedom or safety, just Him!  And the best way I have found to fight for my children is being in prayer.  

As you learn to anchor your life in the Gospel you'll find increased freedom, purpose and joy in motherhood.  Get Brooke McGlothlin's book at http://gospelcenteredmombook.com/.









*I was given a complimentary copy of this book for a launch team review.  All opinions are my own.*

No comments: